Woodbridge Car Accident and Auto Injury Lawyers
Have you been injured in an auto accident?
If you are injured in an automobile accident, either as a driver, passenger or pedestrian, you may have a right to financial compensation. Remember the guilty party’s insurer is not going to solve all your problems for you. The biggest mistake made by injured victims is to rely on the other party’s insurance company to do everything for them. The insurance company’s first job is to protect their insured. They take that responsibility seriously. Be sure to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you know how to get the right medical care, particularly if you don’t have health insurance or automobile insurance that will pay your medical bills? Remember that you simply cannot count on the guilty party’s insurance carrier to pay your medical bills, and you can almost never expect them to pay the bills as you incur them. If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Do you know how much money you should be getting? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Do you know which insurance companies to call? Have you put everyone on notice of the accident that needs to be on notice? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Do you know who to call if the person that hit you doesn’t have insurance, or has too little insurance? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Do you know what evidence will be needed to win your case? Is that evidence going to disappear before you learn of its importance? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Do you know enough about how the coordination of health insurance benefits works? Do you understand the way that a health insurer, Medicare, or Medicaid work together or against each other? Do you know what an insurance lien is? Have you ever heard of a Medicare-set aside? Do you know how to negotiate and a lien? Do you know when they are expected to be paid back? Did you know that they might expect to be paid back? What are you going to do if the insurance company only offers you a fraction of the cost of your medical treatment? Could you conceivably owe more money to your health insurer than you collected in your settlement? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
Causes of Auto Accidents
Car accidents can be caused by many different factors, including:
- Weather – If you are the victim of an accident and the other driver claims the accident was caused not by his or her negligence, but by the weather, what rights and obligations do you have? Does the other driver’s obligation to slow down and leave extra space between vehicles play a part in a determination of negligence? These cases are often the most difficult and I know how to handle them. Ask yourself, is a driver that causes an accident in the ice or snow going to accept responsibility for an accident or try to blame it on the weather? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Alcohol and Drugs – Despite all of the attention given to driving under the influence or driving while intoxicated, alcohol and drugs still present an enormous danger. Thousands of people are killed by drunk or impaired drivers. Remember, if you are injured by a drunk driver your case may be far more complicated than the average personal injury case. I have years of experience dealing with alcohol-related accidents. Ask yourself, do you think a drunk driver is going to go out of his or her way to protect your interests if they cause an accident? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Inattentive Drivers – Many accidents occur because someone is not paying attention. How often have you seen a driver driving erratically and then noticed that that person is engrossed in a cell phone conversation, examining themselves in the mirror, turning to look at or speak with their children in the back seat, yawning, playing around with a radio, texting on their cell phone, or even watching a television or reading the newspaper? The fact is that it happens all of the time. Ask yourself, do you think that someone neglectful enough to drive while reading the newspaper is going to try to help you if they cause an accident? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Aggressive Drivers – Aggressive driving may include tailgating, unsafe speeds, unsafe passing, and disregarding traffic signals. Ask yourself, is an aggressive driver going to honestly report the facts of an accident to their insurer? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
- Speed – Speeding decreases the amount of time a driver has to make decisions to avoid a crash and increases the amount of damage caused by the accident. Speed also leads to reckless driving citations and raises the issue of punitive damages resulting from an accident Ask yourself, is a reckless speeder going to be fair to you if he or she causes an accident and hurts you? If you don’t know, remember that I do know.
Learn more about your rights. Call (703) 490-5995 today!
Having grown up in Woodbridge, I am passionate about helping local injured residents and their families navigate the personal injury claim process. If you or your loved one has been injured in any type of auto accident in Woodbridge or the surrounding communities of Virginia, call (703) 490-5995 for a free case evaluation or to learn more about our practice areas.
D. Michael Mullori Jr.:
- Cares About You
- Has Lots of Trial Experience
- Wants to Dedicate His Time to Your Case
- Is a Local Woodbridge Resident